DANCE CLASSES 2017
Are you looking to work out, have fun, get away from the day’s stress and learn new moves? This is the opportunity for you to tone up, meet new friends and take some time for yourself, improving and empowering both your inner and outer beauty.
Belly dance is an ancient art with it’s roots in the Middle East. It’s a feminine and gracious dance that allows you to explore your body, mind and soul. Each session includes warm-ups, stretches, technique – which involves working with isolations, layering, travelling steps and posture. The focus is on building a strong foundation to the dance while having a fun and joyful experience. No dance experience is required for the beginner level classes.
Term 4 2017: 9th October – 7th December (9 weeks)
Location of Classes: Whitireia Performance Centre, 25 Vivian St, Wellington.
NEW! Beginners level 1 on Tuesdays 6:30pm at the Wellington High School Community Education Centre. 8 weeks course starting in August 1st. For registration, please click here.
Prices below for Term 4, October 9th – December 7th, 2017.
- First class is FREE
- $17 for a casual class (payment at the end of class, cash only)
- Full Term Pass: (valid within Term 4 only)
A) 1x class per week: $117 (9 classes)
B) 2x classes per week: $198 (18 classes)
C) Unlimited classes: $243
Classes are not refundable. Missed classes can be made up by dropping in another class within the same term.
MORE ABOUT CLASSES
- Classes are 60 minutes long, except Wednesdays (50 minutes). Please arrive 5min prior to the start time of the class.
- Wear comfortable or gym clothes that will allow you to move easily. You can wear a coin belt or scarf on your hips if you have one. If you are not comfortable in barefeet, you can wear ballet slippers.
- Belly dance is for all women of all ages and types.
- You can join the beginner’s 1 class at any time by just showing up.
- Private lessons available by request.